Credit earned by examination at other colleges or universities in the last 10 years may be transferred, provided such credit meets the guidelines used by DigiPen Institute of Technology Singapore. The Registrar will evaluate college credits earned elsewhere with respect to graduation requirements at DigiPen Institute of Technology Singapore. Developmental classes, orientation classes, or classes in which student receives a "Pass" are not eligible for transfer credit consideration. Courses transferred or waived are entered on transcripts, but no grades or quality points are awarded.
Transfer credit may be accepted subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
1. The course(s) offered for transfer must be taken at a bona fide, legitimate institution recognised and approved by a regulatory authority which oversees the educational system in the country where the institution is located. These courses must appear on official transcripts from the institution. The final decision regarding the transferability of credits remains at DigiPen Institute of Technology Singapore's discretion.
2. The course(s) must be comparable in academic quality to DigiPen Institute of Technology Singapore courses; transfer credit will be denied for courses not meeting this standard. Accordingly, current students are strongly urged to seek transfer approval from their advisor and the Registrar using the form provided for this purpose prior to enrollment in any course for which transfer approval might be sought.
3. Transfer credit will be considered for courses in which the grade of "B -" or better is recorded.
4. Course(s) transferred to a student's major may also require a validation examination in order to be accepted.
5. "Credit" or "Pass" grades will not be accepted for transfer credit.
If a course is accepted for credit, it will be counted as a transfer credit. No grade points from such transfer courses will be calculated in DigiPen Institute of Technology Singapore grade point average. However, grades transferred for courses taken in residence at institutions with which DigiPen Institute of Technology Singapore has direct, formal institutional exchange agreements are exempt from this policy and will be recorded. Credit hours from another institution that are accepted towards the student's educational program must count as both attempted and completed hours. Courses transferred in may not be used to substitute improved grades for passing grades earned at DigiPen Institute of Technology Singapore.
The Institute and SIT entered into collaboration in March 2010 to offer an admission pathway for graduates with related diplomas from the five local polytechnics, namely:
Students should refer to the SIT website at www.singaporetech.edu.sg for information on related diplomas.
Under this collaboration, students may transfer certain credits for courses that they have successfully completed at their respective polytechnics.
The Institute will communicate to these students their respective course sequences after taking into consideration the approved transfer credits. Students will also be informed of any other necessary bridging courses and/or additional electives that they need to successfully complete in order to meet the requirements to graduate with a degree from the Institute.
Any clarifications on course sequences for graduates from these polytechnics under the SIT collaboration scheme should be directed to the Registrar at the Institute.