Every semester, midterm and final grades are released via the Student Records System (SRS). Students are responsible for checking and tracking their academic status.

Final Grade Appeal

Grade appeals should be submitted within two weeks from the date results are released. If you wish to appeal for your final result, please submit the Student Grade Appeal form to[at]digipen[dot]edu. Your appeal should be based on either of the following:

  1. Error The grade was tabulated incorrectly.
  2. Grading Inconsistency The grading scheme used contradicts the grading parameters outlined in the course syllabus.
  3. Others The appeal is based on other reasons than those cited above. If you choose this basis of claim, you are required to write and explanation.

You may also add any relevant information and/or documentation that would support your appeal (course papers, syllabus, class notes or other materials).

Incomplete Grade

When circumstances beyond a student's control prohibit taking the final exam or completing course work after the eighth week of class, incomplete grade ('I') may be sought. Note that incomplete ('I') is NOT a mechanism to allow any student to retake a course or obtain a passing mark eventually. You may apply for an incomplete grade ('I') if your reason of claim falls below any of the following and supported by valid documents:

  1. Serious illness supported by a medical doctor.
  2. Emergency* occurring after the eighth week of semester.
  3. Statutory government requirement (court hearing, military service).

*Emergency pertains to a situation which could not be foreseen and which is beyond the student's control which in the process, prevents the student from taking the final exam or completing course work during the final week.

If your incomplete grade request is approved, you will be required to submit or comply with the remaining course work assigned by the instructor within a specific timeline. Failure to meet the deadline may result to a failing mark.

Please contact the Registrar's Office for more information on incomplete grade request.